Wednesday, September 9, 2009

College Football

College football is sorta weird. Let me explain. Nobody can agree on anything about how the system should work and who is the best or anything like that. Some want a playoff system, some don't. Some think the non-BCS teams should get more respect and be taken as seriously as the BCS teams. Yet the BCS people don't want this cuz then they would probably lose some money and also have more competition.
Look see, i'm not very expert in the whole college football picture, so i might not really know what i'm talking about, but i've listened to a ton of people talk and their opinions and listened to alot of radio shows on the subject, and nobody agrees on where teams should be ranked. Obviously not the fans and not the "experts" or whatever. Everyone has an arguement for where a team should be ranked, whether its higher or lower than they are ranked. Its kind of funny sometimes listening to all of the argueing and stuff. Its not like pro football. Of course people can and do argue some about who's better in the pros, but there is a system. You win your division and you make the playoffs, you win in the playoffs you move on, you lose you don't. Its clear cut, not too much to argue about. I know that you couldn't really do the same thing in college football because there are so many more teams. Thats part of the problem, although i do admit that having so many teams and the argueing do make college football sorta fun and exciting.
I have heard alot of BYU and Utah talk the past week with the season starting. I like seeing how passionate everyone is about the subject. Maybe i'm a rare person, i'm sure i am, but i like both teams. I would like to see both teams succeed. Especially because both will benefit from the other succeeding. Both need to break through the BCS stuff and get more "respect".
So if you are wondering how i can like both, its pretty easy, but yes i have to have a "loyalty" to one team. When BYU plays against Utah, i cheer for Utah. I want both to succeed, but when it all comes down to it I would like to see Utah kick the poo out of BYU. If one team has to fail miserably i would rather it be BYU.
So anyway, tell me what you think eh.

3 comments:

Eliza said...

I want to see Utah kick the poo out of BYU too!

Paul said...

I think there is truth in what you say how both BYU and Utah need to do well to improve and gain more respect. However, I just can't enjoy BYU's success. I just can't. I do love college football. I'm all for a playoff system.

I'm not really into the NFL, I usual follow players on my fantasy team, but I have no allegiance to any particular team. If I did, I would probably like it more.

Geoff said...

Right on paul and eliza. I totally understand how you can''t enjoy a team's success. I could not enjoy the Laker's success ever. But yeah, i just thought its interesting how unique college football is.