Monday, December 13, 2010

Sports Items on my mind

This weekend has been not so great for sporting events that i care about. These are the few items i'm talking about:

1. The Jazz. Just a really disappointing loss to Dallas on Saturday that i really hoped they'd get the win. Bad start, bad finish. Now the Jazz seem to be in a little bit of a funk, hopefully they can figure out. In November they went 13-3. So far in December they are 3-3. It would be nice to see the Jazz win the remaining 8 games of December and end it 11-3. I'll hope for that. We are going to the game tonight against Golden State, so the Jazz can start there by revenging their early season loss to the Warriors.

2. The Bears. Things went so bad for the Bears against the Patriots on Sunday, i almost had to laugh when the Patriots scored again as the game went to halftime. 0-33. It was so bad, it was kinda funny. The Bears are in the mix of the playoff picture. Just 3 weeks of the season left now. No more funny games.

3. Fantasy Football. I did mention in a post how not so good my fantasy football team was doing this year. I play in an 8 team league. I started the season 0-8. Yeah, not so good. However.... to my great joy and surprise i won the next 5 weeks and was 5-8 coming into this last week before fantasy playoffs. To my greater joy, fantasy football luck was on my side and with a win this week for me and a loss to another team, and a third team scoring 40 pts less than me..... I WOULD MAKE THE PLAYOFFS! After an 0-8 start i could have made the playoffs. Could have made the top 4 teams. I know, by what i described it doesn't seem all that likely that those 3 things would happen this week to get me in, but for the last 5 weeks multiple things happened each week to keep me in the playoff hunt.
So, what happened this weekend you ask? Did i make the playoffs then like it seemed i was destined to do? Could i actually make the playoffs and then pull off 2 weeks of wins and be the fantasy football champion after an 0-8 start? Would that have been pretty much the coolest thing to ever happen in fantasy football?
Answers: No, No, and Yes.
I did not win this weekend... the team who needed to lose did not lose... the team i needed to score 40 more points than ended up scoring about 80 more than me. Not only did i not win, but i scored less points than anyone has so far the whole season. Not just a tiny bit less either. My average point total per week was 128. This week... 53. It was lets say, disappointing.

So now you've read all this junk you don't care about at all...
good day to you.

2 comments:

Paul said...

Nobody cares about your loser fantasy team but you Geoff...just kidding. That's pretty neat. I made the playoffs in my football league, but I've lost the last two so I hope my team does better next week.

Yeah the teams the Jazz are playing over the next several games are all teams they should beat. The question is will they? I hope so!

Geoff said...

True, true