Sunday, February 26, 2012

All-Star Weekend 2012

The West won the game by 3. I only watched bits and pieces of it. 152-149.




Well i watched most of the All Star activities on Saturday night. It was actually a little boring. I thought it was cool that Jeremy Evans won the dunk contest, but the dunk contest was not exciting at all. I'm not saying that Evans didn't do ok, but if someone only showed me his dunks i would have never thought he would have won. Not saying anything bad about Evans, just shows how bad the other dunkees were.

I haven't seen any good dunks in the dunk contest for a long time. I think Vince Carter was the best in recent times. He did things nobody has done before or since. He was quite impressive. Blake Griffin was fun to wait for last year, just because he's such a good in game dunker, but the dunk contest was a little disappointing compared to his game dunks. The dunk contest is just kind of dumb now. Its really stupid that the stars of the game are no longer involved in the dunk contest. I thought it was part of the All-Star weekend. None of the dunk competitors were anything close to all-stars.
I don't mean to make it sound like i'm not happy that Jeremy Evans won. I thought he deserved it among those who competed this year, but even he was a little disappointing. Thats all i have to say on the issue. Maybe.

There were other things Saturday night. Tony Parker won the Skills challenge and Kevin Love won the three-point contest. The All-Star stuff is still fun to watch, mostly.. but its just lost a lot of what it used to have. Back in the day of cooler things and such.

No comments: