Saturday, January 22, 2011

Chicago Bears Eve

I'm giddy for tomorrow. Win or lose for the Bears i am just getting my jollies about the Bears in the NFC Championship game. So i've got a couple thoughts on this Chicago Bears game eve, and here they are.

1. Prediction: As you would expect i predict the Bears to win this game. The Packers have the pick of most i know, but this is nothing new for the Bears this season. When have the Bears been favored to win anything this season? Once or twice maybe. I say 27-17 for the Bears tomorrow.

2. Bring on the Packers. I know the Packers are playing good right now, and of course they are picked to win the Super Bowl over any of the 4 remaining teams. However, I would rather the Bears face no one else on their road to the Super Bowl. I want a Bears win, most for the Bears to make it to the Super Bowl, but next after that i just want to see the Bears knock out these Packers. I'm sick of the Packers and i want the Bears to beat them more than any other dang team in the league at this point. SO i'm glad the Bears got the Packers this week. Its going to be a great game and a great matchup. Bears and Packers have only met in the playoffs once before this, like in the 1940s or something. In my somewhat short career of being a Bears fan, this is by far my most anticipated game, and the biggest game i'll have seen. I read a lot of Bears blogs and stuff like that too and this game is the biggest one for Bears fans of 30+ years as well.
Lets just say this: I want nothing more than the Jazz to knock the Lakers out of the playoffs and go on to win a Championship. This Bears win over the Packers tomorrow is just barely a notch below that. Just a notch. The dirty Packers are just going to have to go home while the Bears go to the Super Bowl. Sorry.

3. What did everyone expect? Well i'd say just about no one expected the Bears to do what they have done this year. They have proven themselves time after time. They've accomplished a lot this season, much more than they were expected to. I am all for a Bears Super Bowl win this season. They've defied all the odds makers to get here. I'd be lying if i said i thought all along they'd make it to the Super Bowl and win it all. I've had my doubts during crappy times of the season. But i have most of the season and do believe in the Bears now. I've had my doubts in Cutler. I don't think he will ever be the best quarterback in the league, but i see him leading this Bears team all the way to the top. He's different, he can make a lot of mistakes, but that said he can play a great game and help the Bears win. I believe in Cutler as well. Go Bears.

No comments: